Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 head of green or purple cabbage
- 2 pounds sausages (wheat free, any flavour)
- 4 strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons reserved bacon fat or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup broth or water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400oF.
- Chop the cabbage into bite size pieces and place in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Drizzle the fat and broth or water over the cabbage.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss everything to coat the cabbage.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the sausage and bacon strips into bite size pieces.
- Distribute the meat evenly over the top of the cabbage.
- Loosely cover the top of the dish with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and return the dish to the oven for another 30 minutes. You will know it is done when the cabbage is soft and the meat is brown.
Yields 4 servings
Thank you to Dr. Rachelle and Dr. Kreso for first introducing me to this recipe... it's become a staple in our home!
For more simple By Design recipes just like this one why not pick up your copy of the Eat By Design Cookbook. We created it in the form of a 28-day meal plan (plus grocery lists!) so you don't need to think about what's for breakfast, lunch or dinner for the next month. You can grab the first 7 days FREE by clicking here.