If you've ever been to an Eat By Design seminar you'll know that one of the principles is to stop counting calories.
That's not to say that calories don't matter as they very much do, however, they are not the most important thing to focus on when you are trying to change your diet and improve your health.
The nutrient density of your food is far more critical to your health than the amount of it that you eat.
In this episode we focus on the other side of the picture, specifically the value of "macro counting".
We discuss how the amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate that you ingest has everything to do with weight loss, body fat percentage and some health factors like energy and sleep.
We also shared some basic recommendations on how you can learn more about how to count your macros if you're interested and which apps we use to track ours.
The purpose of this podcast is to give you a basic general overview of macro counting and how to properly use it.
Here Is What We Covered
- A fundamental review of human nutrition. It's vital to understand the "why" behind something before you choose to do it.
- The basics. What is macro counting, who is it for, who is it not for, and how it affects your physiology.
- The potential traps that people who count their macros fall into and how to avoid them.
- Why following the Eat By Design Principles will help you get the most from your macro counting while avoiding the pitfalls.
- Our favorite tools, apps, books and websites on tracking your macros.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
---Jamie & Kreso
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.