They do, but probably not in the way that you think.
If anything, emotions are the part of your consciousness that makes life worth living.
What we mean by them not mattering, is simply not in the process of making decisions.
Imagine if you couldn't feel love, pride, happiness, joy and even negative emotions like anxiety, depression, and grief...emotions are helpful if you know how to position them correctly.
But, emotions are not a good way to make decisions. If anything, emotions are the end result of the decisions you have made based on your values or in opposition to your values. They should just not be the reason you make the decision in the first place.
In our 2020 culture, we've taken emotions to the next level.
We value feelings so much that we make decisions for our lives based on other people's emotions - that's crazy!
In this episode, we discuss emotions, what they are, what they are not, and how to control your feelings because they are under your control.
Here Is What We Covered
- A rational basis for emotions. What emotions are, where they fit, and what they tell you about the state of your life.
- How we believe you can change your emotions and why you'd want to.
- Why it's your standard you need to change, not your mental processing.
- Why using emotions as your primary determinant for decision making is a bad idea.
- How we, as a society, got to a place where we overvalue emotions.
- The reason vs. emotion dichotomy. Why it's false, why you need to know and what you need to do about it.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
--- Jamie & Kreso
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.