It's wonderful that the idea and practice self-care is gaining popularity and widely practiced.
Self-care, as the title implies, concerns itself with doing something personal, for your own ego. Of course, this has rubbed many the wrong way, which is why justifications like "Self-care is not selfish" have become popular trope.
But there is no need to apologize, and to pander to people who don't agree or don't accept. The purpose of this episode is to discuss why it's a good thing that self-care is selfish and what good self-care habits should look like.
Here Is What We Covered
- Definitions, definitions, and more definitions. If you don't define your terms, how do you even know what's being talked about? When we define our terms, you'll see very quickly, that by its very definition self-care is selfish. You'll also notice that being selfish is not bad, despite the story that we've been force-fed since birth.
- Why it's important for you understand that self-care is selfish. Ideas are very powerful and the more accurate an idea in your mind, the more solid the mental foundation it creates. It would be no different than coming into your home and chipping away at the concrete of your foundation. Sure, nothing would happen right away, but over time the structure would erode and collapse.
- What good self-care should like vs. what the majority does.
- How to create good self-care habits.
- Why your good self-care habits are essential for everyone in your inner circle.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
--- Jamie & Kreso
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.