If you have children, you likely have goals and desires as a parent. You want your children to grow up to be honest, hard-working, independent, happy adults who know how to think and provide for themselves. At least, that's what we want for our kids.
Before beginning on any journey, you have to know where you want to finish. Parenting, in our opinion, has to be one of the most challenging and rewarding adventures of life - but in order to help guide your decisions as a parent, you need to know where you want to take your children.
There is the desire... now the question becomes, how do we reverse engineer that goal into everyday tangible and realistic steps so that we have something to do every day?
Well, that's what we are going to be talking about on today's podcast as we review the Inc. article "Science Says the Most Successful Kids Have Parents Who Do These 9 Things."
Here Is What We Covered
- Is it a good idea to tell children they can be anything they want or, should we be more realistic?
- A simple step to implement as much as possible that's been linked to decreasing the potential for substance abuse.
- What about technology? Should they have it or is it better to avoid it?
- Is it better for mom to stay home or are kids with working moms better off?
- Should kids do chores or should they focus on just being kids?
- One thing that every parent should be doing as much as possible.
- Why it could be important to encourage them to travel and see different things.
- One of the most important and challenging things to do as a parent.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
--- Jamie & Kreso
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.