Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours or 60 minutes
Special Equipment: Slow cooker or instant pot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds pork loin chops, pork roast or pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 cups) cubed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (an easy to find Indian spice)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- ½ pineapple, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Cook onions, leeks and celery in butter until softened.
- Add garlic in last minute of cooking.
- Place veggies into your slow cooker.
- Brown pork in butter (optional, you don’t need to brown it, it just adds flavor). Add to slow cooker.
- Add pineapple to slow cooker.
- Cover with the spices and pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Mix well and cook for 8 hours on low or in Instant Pot pressure cooker for 45 minutes on stew setting (it will need an additional 20 minutes to heat up).
For more simple By Design recipes why not pick up your copy of the Eat By Design Cookbook. I’ve created it in the form of a 28-day meal plan (plus grocery lists!) so you don’t need to think about what’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner for the next month. Or you can grab the first 7 days FREE by clicking here.