Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
To do in advance: make homemade chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage, cut into long, thin lengths (resembling a noodle)
- 10 cups homemade chicken bone broth (or just enough to cover veggies)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Raw Swiss cheese (optional)
- Melt butter over medium to low heat.
- Add onions, oregano, carrots and celery. Cook and stir until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, cabbage, salt and pepper and bring the soup just to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Just before serving, put a little bit of grated Swiss cheese to the bottom of each bowl. Pour in the soup and enjoy.
Yields 6 servings
For more simple By Design recipes why not pick up your copy of the Eat By Design Cookbook. I’ve created it in the form of a 28-day meal plan (plus grocery lists!) so you don’t need to think about what’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner for the next month. Or you can grab the first 7 days FREE by clicking here.