Adapted from Dr. Mark Hyman’s recipe in his cookbook Eat Fat, Get Thin which you can get HERE.
One thing that I love about this recipe is that you can make them in advance easily and then cook them from frozen when you need them! So for this reason, they are super helpful in my meal prep.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
- 2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped fine
- 1 handful of fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Shape into 8 burgers of equal size. I use one of these cool burger shapers.
- Grill for 7 minutes per side.
*If you want to prep these burgers advance, you can freeze the formed patties. Just cook them from frozen for a couple of minutes longer!
Yields 4-6 servings
You can view Dr. Hyman’s original recipe HERE. He includes a recipe for an Avocado Cream to pair with the burgers too!
Want some easy meal prep ideas? Get my FREE “4 Easy Meal Prep Ideas” download that includes four of my favorite things to prep in advance so that there is always food ready…and the recipes are included. You can get that by clicking HERE